| He spent most of his life gathering money.他一生大部分时间用来积聚钱财。 |
| I haven't heard from him for a long time. 我很久没有收到他的信了。 |
| Does the computer ever make a mistake? 计算机出错吗? |
| I'm thinking of hanging the lamp from the ceiling.我打算把灯吊在天花板上。 |
| Things are getting better. 情况正在好转。 |
| So you'll come then. Please phone in if you can't make it. |
| A cat has lives. 猫有九条命。 |
| May I ask you a question? 我能问你个问题吗? |
| Where are the stairs? 楼梯在哪里呢? |
| 皂沫涂得好,胡须半剃掉。/磨刀不误砍柴工. A beard well lathered is half shaved. |
| 懂得如何等待是成功的重要秘诀。 To know how to wait is the great secret of success. |
| 她一定是个模特,不是吗? "She must be a model,isn't?" |
| 爱的力量大于死亡。/爱情能战胜死神. Love is stronger than death. |
| 结婚戒指戴旧了,烦恼也就消除了。 As your wedding-ring wears, your cares will wear away. |
| 楼梯在哪里呢? Where are the stairs? |
| 我见过汹涌澎湃的海,风平浪静的海,阴郁易怒的海。我在它的种种变化中见到了我自己。 I have seen the sea when it is stormy and wild. when it is quiet and serene, when it is dark and moody. And in all its moods, I see myself. |
| 我想约个时间见格林女士。 I'd like to make an appointment with Mrs.Green. |
| 我自己可以应付。 I can manage |
| 盛名殊誉乃德才之忌。 Fame is the chastisement of merit and the punishment of talent. |
| 旁观者清,当局者迷。 Standers-by see more than gamesters. |
| linear a. 线的,直线的,长度的 |
| chord n. 弦,和弦 |
| spray vt./n. 水花;飞沫;喷射 |
| ornament n. 装饰;装饰物 |
| glare n./v. 眩目地照射,闪耀;瞪视 |
| dock n. 船坞,码头;刑事被告席;v. 引入船坞,削减薪金、供应等 |
| vacuum n. 真空 |
| accelerate v. 加速,变快 |
| radical a. 根本的,基本的;政治激进的 |