Have you heard the weather forecast? 你听天气预报了吗? |
Please don't rush me!请不要吹促我! |
What he likes best is making jokes. 他最喜欢开玩笑。 |
Kings have long arms. 普天之下,莫非王土。 |
I didn't sleep well. 我没睡好。 |
The secret of being miserable is to have leisure to bother about whether you are happy or not. 痛苦的秘密在于有闲功夫担心自己是否幸福。 |
If it had been fine, we would have gone to the park. |
Choose a life of action not one of ostentation. 要选择行动的一生,而不是炫耀的一生。 |
You’re too outspoken. 你太直率了。 |
这个国家以其美丽的湖泊而闻名于世。 This country is famous for its beautiful lakes. |
我来自日本。 I come from Japan. |
只要工作干得好,理直气壮把报酬要。 He that serves well need not be afraid to ask his wages. |
要炒鸡蛋必得打破鸡蛋。 You can't make omelets without breaking eggs. |
业精于勤,荒于嬉。 Achievement is founded on diligence and wasted upon recklessness. |
以火攻火者,结果只剩一片灰烬。 People who fight fire with fire usually end up with ashes. |
你做什么工作? What's your job? |
一个渴望读书的人和一个累了想找本书看的的是大不相同的。 There is a great deal of difference between an eager man who wants to read a book and the tired man who wants a book to read. |
知识好象地下的泉水,掘得越深越清澈。 Knowledge is like the spring water underground----the deeper you dig, the clearer is the water. |
不要班门弄斧。 Don't teach your grandmother to suck eggs. |
tinge vt. (较淡)着色于,染色;使带有…气息; n. 淡淡色彩,些微的气息 |
deficit n. 空额,赤字 |
shield n. 盾,保护者,保护物;v. 保护,庇护 |
flexible a. 易弯曲的,柔软的;灵活的 |
practicable a. 可实行的,能用的,可行的 |
insult vt. 侮辱,凌辱;n. 侮辱的言词或行为 |
bribe n./vt. 贿赂,行贿 |
nibble vt./vi. 啃,一点一点咬 |